There's no secret I love bamboo fabrics, it's an absolute revolution for fashion industry, but why exactly? What makes this fibre one of the most sustainable materials in the world?
1. Bamboo has a positive impact on global environmental concerns such as water scarcity, deforestation, soil erosion and the greenhouse effect. Bamboo is a by far more sustainable textile than cotton available to help create a better world. Sadly with a big interest in fibre, a lot of bamboo fabrics no longer are sustainable due to rapid and wasteful harvest.
Gladly there is organic way of growing bamboo! That's why our bamboo comes from organic farms. Organic farmers use natural methods to grow bamboo, not fossil-fuel-based fertilizers, which makes the soil more sponge-like what significantly reduces water use. A lot of organic farmers rely on rainwater and re-use it over time to reduce waste.
2. Bamboo grass is one of the fastest growing plants on Earth. Some bamboo plants can grow at a rate of 0.00003 km/h. Chinese moso bamboo can grow almost a metre in a single day! To compare it takes approx. 2 years to grow oak tree big enough to plant outdoors.
Thanks to fast grow it's a very sustainable and renewable source of fibre, not to mention there is no need to use pesticides as the growth is naturally high and it's naturally disease- and pest-resistent.
3. It's cooler than the atmoshpere! According to authoritative testing figures, apparels made from bamboo fibers are 1-2 degrees lower than that of normal apparels when worn in summer. That's why it has that signature cool feel to it when you first touch it.
4. When it's gone - it's gone! Bamboo fiber is bio-degradable eco-friendly textile material. As a natural cellulose fiber, it can be completely biodegraded CO2 and H20 in soil by microorganism and sunshine. The decomposition process doesn't cause any pollution to the environment. Bamboo fiber comes from nature, and completely returns to nature in the end
5. Good bye bacteria. Bamboo fiber has particular and natural functions of anti-bacteria and hypoallergenic, bacteriostasis and deodorization. naturally keeping skin super fresh. It is validated by the Textile Inspection Association, even after fifty times of washing, bamboo fiber fabric still possesses excellent functions. Bamboo fiber products have the anti-bacterial function in the natural environment. we provide free test service for customers for ant-bacterial test for both raw material and final products.
There's nothing not to love, so whenever possible - search for bamboo garments, but make sure the bamboo gets love before it's in the store window.
And what does Rose Corps have to do with bamboo? Well the famous kimonos of course!: